Volanté is developed in pure Java! Volanté works in Linux!
Java, being a cross platform compatible language, permits users to choose any operating system or a combination of operating systems -- including Linux.
Linux is a free Unix-type operating system and the source code for Linux is freely available to everyone. Linux, as an operating system, is more cost effective, flexible, and allows for greater freedom of choice in software than more mainstream operating systems. Linux is also very cost effective in regards to licensing, installation, administrative and support costs.
Linux can offer all these features without sacrificing functionality. For retailers and restaurant/hospitality operators alike, cost and ease of use are king, and reasons such as these can make the difference between a business that succeeds and a business that fails.
- Simply easy-to-use software
- Colorful menu screen buttons that can be easily programmed
- Integrated electronic payment processing
- Loss prevention integration
- Platform independence -- choose hardware of your needs and operating systems of choice
- Built-in redundancy – avoid data loss and POS system downtime
- Can be used in a Linux, Windows or combination OS environment
- Real-time reporting provides sales, discounts, profitability and much more
- Centralized POS management – quickly update pricing, menus and promotions
- Modular, flexible design that can grow with your business
- Written in pure Java, all the information needed is generated in real time, quickly and easily
- Many more...
Volanté offers Linux integration with Windows-based back office applications. This flexibility is rare in the POS industry. For more information on Volanté's Linux & Java POS solutions go to our technology pages