Volanté is a high growth Enterprise Point-of-Sale SaaS company that prides itself on developing leading-edge hospitality technology! We made Deloitte’s Fast 50 List! With a growing team and increased work load, we’re calling on Toronto’s top tech talent to join the family!
Volanté Systems is looking for a Product Designer who’s passionate about solving complex problems and creating experiences that delight customers worldwide. You’ll be working with Volanté’s Product teams, expanding and maturing the experience we offer our users. This includes both reimagining current functionality as well as integrating new features and ideas that provide greater value to our users.
Your job is to make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable for all our users. You design and lead the UI construction for complex projects with a broad scope and evolving objectives. You contribute to the overall product strategy through concept generation, prototyping and collaboration with product team to promote feature integration, as well as researching design user experiments to test your designs.
You’re a well-rounded individual with strong interaction, visual, and problem-solving abilities, a passion for simplifying a complex problem space, and a desire to craft delightful, useful, and efficient experiences for our users. This is all grounded from your knowledge of design thinking approaches and using research to guide your designs.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers and other stakeholders to define design vision and create intuitive, cohesive and delightful experiences
- Use your knowledge of best practices to design for the full life cycle, from requirement refinement to full fidelity prototypes
- Partner with Product Managers to identify user research needs and conduct investigative research and usability tests
- Work with the Engineering team to get the technical business needs met while ensuring that the user experience is the top priority
- Work with your Design peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our users as they move across different platforms and tasks
- Lead usability sessions and interpret market data as you fuse business requirements into functional software, while championing the user along the way
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative design process with light documentation to support your vision
- Rapidly develop site maps, user flows, wireframes, mocks and specs. You are responsible for the entire design process
- Enjoy daily interaction, brainstorming, and collaboration with people who are as passionate about the end-user experience as you are!
- Ensure product design deliverable adhere to high design standards
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years experience in product, interaction or information design
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design skills, disciplines, and principals, as well as an eye for subtle detail
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions
- Expert knowledge of design tools
- Experience in responsive web design
- Experience working in Agile and/or Lean UX environment
- Experience building prototypes