Volanté is a high growth Enterprise Point-of-Sale SaaS company that prides itself on developing leading-edge hospitality technology! We made Deloitte’s Fast 50 List! With a growing team and increased workload, we’re calling on Toronto’s top tech talent to join the family!
Volanté is extremely pleased to announce a project due this summer and we’re currently seeking a Director level, Product Guru to lead the feat! This is a leadership position, reporting into the President, working alongside other senior management to ensure the delivery of a world-class product. You will manage your own Product team and be responsible for high-level strategy while owning the product roadmap. You will be evangelizing, leading, supporting, monitoring and managing all aspects of the product management lifecycle. The incumbent ensures adherence to deadlines and takes full responsibility for the successful delivery of the product development roadmap while ensuring it is fully aligned with the business strategy. They will define and keep track of product metrics, prioritizes feature requests and removes friction for freelancers and customers using the platform. Furthermore, the incumbent will challenge complacency in every aspect related to the product, its continuous improvement, and further development.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Devise a Product Strategy
- Work with a cross-section of functional teams including engineering, architecture, sales and professional services to define product release requirements and the overall roadmap
- Drive product innovation through contribution of new approaches and ideas
- Ensure that the developed solutions are well aligned with our strategy
- Follow competitors and the industry to stay abreast the everchanging trends
- Translate business needs into user interfaces and flows to build a world class digital solution for the market
- Lead and facilitate scrum ceremonies
- Manage a team of Product Owners and their own respective teams
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Oversee and draw conclusions from product success KPIs, while making adjustments as necessary
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A Completed university degree in Software Engineering, Computer science or equivalent
- 10 years as a Software Product Manager – Enterprise SaaS experience is required!
- Has ideally worked in a small to medium size software company that has disrupted traditional status quo by bringing in a new product into the market
- Well-rounded in all aspects of product development with experience in high-tech product management (SaaS, containers, bid data, AI…)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience building software products, managing product lifecycle and creating a stellar go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated ability to lead, grow, and motivate a team to success
- Previous experience leading scrum teams and other product team members
- Substantial Start-Up experience
- Demonstrated success in leading high-performance teams
- Comfortable and confident interacting with all levels on management, business partners, and customers/clients
- Strong presentation skills – both written and speaking
WHAT YOU’LL GET OUT OF IT:
- Work with some awesome, fun-loving and diverse people!
- Open concept office where even management sits in the trenches – it facilitates communication!
- Snacks – replenished every week!
- Benefits – full health and dental!
- Flexible Work Hours – we don’t follow a rigid 9-5 schedule!
- Career Growth – we have open discussions about where you see yourself and how Volante can help you get there!
- Meaning out of your work – at the growth stage we’re in, everyone’s contribution is critical to our success!