Volanté is a high growth Enterprise Point-of-Sale SaaS company that prides itself on developing leading-edge hospitality technology! We made Deloitte’s Fast 50 List! With a growing team and increased work load, we’re calling on Toronto’s top tech talent to join the family!
We are in need of a Software QA Engineer who can help us develop a testing strategy and come up with a plan, who will work on our core application, as well as web-based products and API testing. We are looking for someone who has in-depth knowledge of the Software Test Life Cycle, and is motivated to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who doesn’t shy away from problems and will keep trying different things until the issue is resolved.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Support Project Leads by direct contribution towards assessing impediments and recommending improvements to achieve Project Delivery success
- Write Test Cases, Execute Test Cases, Log Defects, Lead Defect Triage meetings and share recommendations with Project Team
- Support current QA Team members in an individual contributor role
- Understands the technical aspects of customer requirements and develops an acceptance test plan
- Develops and maintains regression/load testing strategy of company product line
- Reviews change log for each product release and develops a testing strategy
- Reviews bugs and deficiencies from technical support and makes recommendations
- Leads the automation framework development, while recommending and implementing new tools and technologies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable school in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years in software development or testing in companies where software is the main focus/product
- Solid understanding of QA concepts and hands-on execution in an Agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience in testing complex software systems
- Experience in relational database and ability to write simple database queries
- A positive attitude in the workplace and the ability to drive change
- Experience with Linux and command line tools is an asset
- Experience in object-oriented programming language (Java, C++) is an asset
- Experience in testing Point-of-Sale systems is a definite asset
WHAT YOU’LL GET OUT OF IT:
- Work with some awesome, fun-loving and diverse people!
- Open concept office!
- Snacks – replenished every week!
- Benefits – health and dental!
- Career Growth – we have open discussions about where you see yourself and how Volante can help you get there!
- Meaning out of your work – at the growth stage we’re in, everyone’s contribution is critical to our success!